This weekend I spent time with my mom and it was really nice. I see her more like a friend these days, and I like her as a friend. My mom’s a good friend.
I watched Bridget Jones’ Diary and Fox Catcher. I went to Asbury for dinner and drinks with some of B’s friends, and they were really nice. And, I spent time with my bog-jumping beau.
Today is my half birthday. Six months from now, it will be Thursday. I will probably have taken the day off from work. I will be turning 29. It will be my last year in my twenties. I will probably get a massage and feel really weird about being 29. I don’t envy me then.
But that’s not today. Today I am 28 and 1/2. And at 28 and 1/2, things are good.
- Mark came home for one day, and it was great. We reconnected and I feel rejuvenated. And optimistic. And excited. And happy.
We talked about his job, and moving in together, living as DINKs for a while but not for too long. Going on vacation, getting a new car, having kids, just things. COUPLE THINGS that people who love each other talk about. It was great. We went to St. Stephen’s of course, had dinner, a few drinks- just lots of easy going fun. Anyway, yes I love my boyfriend of nearly 4 years very much, even though the stress of distance gets to me and I become fickle and talk about running off. This problem is not permanent, but we are. It’s going to be crazy in the summer when he’s home a lot– and we’re living together — I’m looking forward to it!
- I am doing better and better at work, learning new things, making fewer mistakes, getting busier and busier.
- My workouts are going – I am really enjoying the office gym and doing my Kayla workouts at home. We are on track for June and all the bikinis I can get my hands on.
- It’s getting warmer- 44 degrees feels like heaven. I feel happier simply because of the weather.
- My room is clean and my laundry is done
- People complimented me on my desk today, saying it looks cute and “like she’s at home”. That’s what I was going for.
- Robert Durst was arrested. Always good.
- And that’s it. But that’s absolutely enough for me to announce this 1/2 birthday as a successful one.
Tomorrow’s Wednesday. I have zero plans for this weekend. I should keep it that way because I am really trying to spend $0 these next two weeks, as usual.
Here’s to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint– and another one!